The Abbot & The Graduate (Park District)

Comments

• I just saw this today, it's pretty cool for a cyclone fence!
    I hope MSU is planning on doing something better than the cyclone fencing they have put up next to the Red Cedar along Michigan, Beal and behind the Kellogg Center. I know it was put up after that poor young man somehow ended up down there to prevent anyone else from ending up down there, but the fences sure are ugly and now when I see them, I can't help but think about the boy and why would he even go down there. I guess we will never know.
  • The MSUFCU HQ's precast elevator shaft is interesting to me, I don't think I've ever seen that done before. I assume the rest of the building will be more traditional concrete or steel, at first I was wondering if the whole building would be built like that.

@gbinlansing I remember the articles talking about them installing temporary fencing, I don't know if that's what you're referring to or if they had something more temporary to start with like the orange plastic fencing. I haven't seen what you're talking about but I'd hope they'd do better than chain link fencing anywhere highly visible, at least on the old part of campus.
  • Yes, the fence is along the Red Cedar's high north and west banks, it is the tall portable cyclone fencing like they put around the Capitol during the right-wing protests. I would assume that the University will put up something like the black metal fencing already there in the spring. There are only two places where it would have been "easy" to get down the twenty feet or so to the river, on either side of the bus stop shelter on Michigan Ave. I guess they just don't want anything like that to happen again.
  • Here's the MSU discussion: https://develop.metrolansing.com/discussions/discussion/32/msu-development#latest
    And, really, it probably belongs in the general thread.
  • Oh, Ok I just brought it up here in reference to the artist cyclone fence that was pictured here also in East Lansing.
  • The credit union building grows taller each day put together with Legos type slabs that I think [I hope] are at eight stories now. it will be interesting to see how they put the rest of the building together, it sure takes up a lot of sky already.
  • I noticed the crews were erecting vertical steel beams today at the credit union site. Perhaps the pre-cast cement phase is over. The brick pattern exterior is at least a bit interesting with the bricks having different glazes from shiny to mat finishes that create patterns on the walls.
    Down the street at MAC and Grand River there is a major renovation going on in the former woodfire pizza place that had been closed for a long time. It does not say what is going in there, since we have a Walgreens and a CVS I would not be surprised to see a Rite Aid. I hope not!
  • Are you referring to Cosi? I think that will be the location for Raising Cane's fried chicken, https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2022/02/04/raising-canes-chicken-fingers-opening-first-michigan-restaurant-in-east-lansing/
  • This is awesome news, I love Raising Canes!