General Lansing Development

Comments

• I am not sure of the location. Tim Hortons is a coffee and doughnut fast food resturant. They are very popular in Canada. They seem to be expanding quite a bit (I think one is supposed to be built in Jackson).
  • Rumor has it they're also putting one on near the corner of Waverly and St Joe, just a mile or so from my house!
  • Economics, the location will be fine. Cedar and Jolly is probably in the mini-mall on the southwest corner of the intersection. They thrive in mini-malls.
  • I saw construction I think near the Taco Bell on Cedar (across the street but can't remember how close/far down). I assume that that is where you mean it is being developed? Maybe next to the Blockbuster? If so then no, its not in a mini-mall or near the Jolly intersection. Closer to Cedar and Northrup I think.
  • " Other Tim Hortons Restaurants projects in progress:

* Martin Luther King Boulevard in Lansing, Michigan - August 2007
    * Waverly Road in Delta Township - August 2007
    * Dunkle & Jolly in Delhi Township - August 2007"

http://www.wolgastcorporation.com/html/TimHortons.htm
  • edited August 2007
    Binto, thanks for jogging my memory. You're correct; I know remember seeing the Tim Horton's sign on the site just in between Fazolis and Blockbuster (across from Taco Bell). That's actually about halfway in between on Cedar between Jolly and Miller just south of Northrup.

I like Tim Horton's because it's a nice change from super-sweet Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme as chains go, anyway.
  • Lmich, I ment that I didn't know where the location was. But its all good.
  • I've driven by many a Tim Horton's in my day, but I've never actually stopped to eat at one. Now I'll have little excuse, as I'll drive by one everyday.
  • Lmich is right, the Cedar store is being built right next to Fazoli's. The Jolly store will be on the vacant land between McDonald's and the strip mall on the SW corner of the Jolly/Dunckel intersection.

It will be interesting to see how they do here. They've slowly been working their way west after expanding into Michigan along the border. Until these are open, the closest one to Lansing is in Owosso. I'm in Canada visiting family a lot, and they are more common there than McDonald's. Most of my family lives in a town of 30,000, and there are 5 Tim Hortons stores in the city. I'm not expecting that, but I'd like to see them survive. I'm really looking forward to the sandwiches. Not big on donuts in general, but I LOVE their crullers and the Timbits too. :-)
  • There are a few more facade improvement projects happening in downtown Lansing. The flat exteriors have been torn from the second stories of the Kelly's and Byblo's buildings on the 200 S. block of Washington, revealing what's left of the original brick facade. With similar work happening across the street above the comic shop, that could mean the rebirth of all of the buildings on that block.

Further down the street on the 300 block, there's a building permit posted in the window of The New Daily Bagel, signalling that, perhaps, the building owner there too will remove the drab covering of the second story of that building.