Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• It's not really worth taking pictures of since most of the work is occuring on the interior, but here are a few from today, anyway:

3069476490_b9b0b363e8_o.jpg

3069476492_72fc1df167_o.jpg

3069476496_424c57a7c1_o.jpg

If I had to guess, it looks like they are going to bring an elevator core up through the south side of the tower.
  • I don't know, they had that same scaffolding set up on the North end of the roof maybe a couple weeks ago. I would assume they would want the elevator core in the center, so their not blocking any windows. On the other hand a glass elevator on one of the ends would definitely be sweet.
  • I'm pretty sure given the structures being built on the south roof that that is where they are concentrating the mechanical and elevator core. With such huge/long spacious floorplates, it simply wouldn't make since to bring up a core right through the middle.
  • I didn't realize that they were removing some of the top brick layers. I noticed that while downtown the other day.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, they took off the roof-top parapet. It's one of the first things they did. From what I can tell, they now have a base right on the middle floor of the building. It has kind of an eerie glow at night.
  • It looks weird only seeing the bottom portion of the letters.
  • I was going through the local channels, and came across the mayor and Bob and Bob mentioning how they are starting to focus on the riverfront... and sorta how taxi boats are possible... something like that. So I came to interest in wondering how the Accident Fund Headquarters is going. From what I understand its a nationwide buisness, and selected Lansing for their headquarters.
  • They were already headquartered here in Lansing. Just a few blocks over from where they are moving to.
  • Oh wow, so I guess the buisness grew?
  • They currently employ 600 people, and plan to add 500 over years. They are a pretty good sized regional insurance company. Auto Owners is much larger, it's a Fortune 500, Jackson National is also quite large.