Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• It's too bad that the renderings for the Accident Fund headquarters show a caucasian-only workforce.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm sure some of you have seen this already, but there are some potential landmines that Accident Fund will now have to navigate. Mike Cox conveniently dropped this lawsuit threat on the same day that the new plans for the HQ building were publicized:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/NEWS03/807030343

I don't know the specifics of who may have been hurt by this alleged wrongdoing, but my first reaction as a Lansing citizen is pure annoyance at the timing of this.
  • The timing seems a little suspect. I would like to know more about this situation, and what chance it really has at affecting this project.
  • edited July 2008
    Cox knew exactly what he was doing, and regardless of the outcome, this was first and foremost political posturing. The timing was far from a mistake, it was intentional. If anyone now doubts that he's preparing to run for governor, they are fooling themselves. What he did yesterday was immature, at best.
  • The good news for the project is that all of those alleged illegal moves had been approved by the State Insurance Commissioner so I'm really hoping that the lawsuit doesn't go far. This project needs to get moving!
  • Accident Fund (well, Christman) recieved $10 million in brownfield funding towards the development of the new headquarters. This makes this project very promising, and I don't think that the lawsuit brought forward from Mike Cox will stop the development at this point.
  • I drove by the Grand Building and old Board of Water and Light Headquarters on Grand, and both buildings are now boarded up, finally. It looks like they are to come down fairly soon.
  • Pretty cool to hear that it is moving forward now.
  • Work to start on BWL chilled water plant

This is good news. I think they got the location wrong though, the SW corner of Allegan & Pine is where the old chillers were, thats now some sort of emergency ops center.
  • I'm pretty sure the original plan was to put them on the site of the old chillers.