General Lansing Development

Comments

• Part of the plaster (or whatever plaster type of material they used) and bricks fell of the building and damaged some parked cars there a few months ago (there was an article about it). They tore the rest of it off and are re-doing it.
  • I think Ferguson buying the North Capitol ramp is still a possibility. I thought I seen it mentioned in another article within the last week or two.
  • The LCC work is a not-so-temporary surface parking lot, the LSJ's Derek Melot reports on his blog.
  • Micro, the work on the Washtenaw storefront could very easily have something to do with the new Cooley Law Library expansion/renovation project and new driveway to the Washington Square gravel lot. I only say this because I've heard of absolutely nothing about anything moving in. They may simply be reconstructing the alley.

Jwswrites is right about the LCC University Center greenspace. It was mentioned in both Melot's blog and had a story in the City Pulse, recently. Since LCC was unable to buy the North Capitol Ramp from the city, they are turning the greenspace into...ugghhh...another surface lot. This could have been avoided. Ferguson is still looking to buy the lot, but the city council would have to initiate this, and none of the votes on council are going to switch as some fundamentally didn't believe in selling the ramp no matter who it was.
  • The Lansing State Journal is reporting that Michigan Brewing Company will be opening up their location on 402 S. Washington in the next couple weeks. They say they plan on employing 50 at the location.
  • Hopefully, this time is for real, huh?
  • edited August 2009
    Works moving fast on Troppo, most of the foundation is already done:
    th_IMG_0205.jpg

The nearly completed Chiller Plant:
    th_IMG_0202.jpg
  • They finally started the streetscaping on Grand Ave. They're removing the asphalt infill no the sidewalks and filling with the red bricks and concrete, I haven't seen any rain gardens or the "fancy" light poles yet, but they're still in the first stages.
  • Lansing's Minister of Urban Renewal

Apparently the owner of the 711 E Kalamazoo St property wants to turn the land into a sculpture park. It sounds like a pretty neat idea.