General Lansing Development

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Demolition of the old Pattengill Middle School started today. Here is a picture from the LSJ:

bilde?Site=A3&Date=20090612&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=306120013&Ref=AR&MaxW=318&Border=0

More can be read in the article on their website.
  • I still wish they could have reused this building somehow.
  • I do to. I really didn't see any good reasons to demo it, especially since it was physically connected to Eastern. In fact, it'd have made sense for the school district to move there offices there, really. It's also a rather rare occurance, as Lansing has been able to find reuses for almost all of its former school buildings.
  • I like the idea of putting their offices there, the current offices are in disrepair and that land would be much more valuable.
  • Back on the Blue Coyote, next Monday's council agenda does, indeed, show that he's looking to open it up where it was before on Pere Marquette:
    a. Setting a Public Hearing for July 6, 2009 on a Project Plan prepared by the Lansing Economic Development Corporation for the Blue Coyote Brewing Company, LLC for property located at 113 Pere Marquette Dr.
  • It would be pretty neat if more bars & clubs opened up on Pere Marquette that would make for a neat district, especially with some new construction behind Clara's.
  • City Market Breaks Ground

They mention that the city of Lansing is "building a 400 car parking deck on the back side of the Lansing Center to accommodate parking for the new market and the convention center." They say it as if it's already been established, I wonder whats going on with that?
  • edited June 2009
    We'd pretty much guessed that was where they'd be building the garage, anyway.

BTW, everyone take the short South Lansing Market Study Survey.
  • Heads up, Christman gets a shoutout in this article from MSNBC.com: Iconic skyscrapers find new luster in green tech
  • edited July 2009
    The LSJ reported, yesterday, that GM is selling off all of its former sites in Lansing save for the LCA Chassis (the one at MLK and the Grand). This is the first time they've ever identified and formally announced their intentions for the sites. The speculation is that LCA Chassis is being saved for possible future expansion of LGR (Lansing Grand River Assembly).