General Lansing Development

Comments

• I remember hearing about the rename a few years back in either a City Pulse or Capital Gains article. I'm not sure if they've even yet decided the new name which is probably why it wasn't given. I've always been in favor of a rename. Most downtown associations have more relevant and attractive names.
  • Looks like they finally started tearing down the Governor's Inn: Vacant Lansing hotel razed to make way for Sonic
  • If you guys haven't seen this yet, be sure to check it out. It's pretty awesome:

Aerial Lansing - by Applejack 25
  • Amazing! I'm familiar with Applejack's aerials of Detroit, so these must be very new.
  • They are very new, the picture "editcropDSC_0370" has the fully assembled crane at the AF parking garage site.
  • These are some great pictures. Glad to see them.
  • Thanks for posting the pictures mindbender. They were great to look at.
  • I don't know how to upload pictures but the old Kell'ys and Byblo building rennovation and facade update we all hated has taken an interesting change. There is wood in place for awnings and it's been painted and finished to look alot better than it was.
  • I'll have to make it a point to drive by there later. the way it was looking was pretty disappointing the way it was, any improvements would be welcome.
  • I was pretty disappointed myself. Today the sign is fully exposed, it's the "Wild Beaver Saloon." The awnings are sheet metal a dark brown almost black facade. Not the greatest look, but I think much better than before.