MSU Development

Comments

• I think this is the Harrison side because the stadium is wider on the Harrison side IIRC and this view shows it as being on one of the "wider" sides.
  • I don't see the rendering on their site anymore, did they take it down or am I not looking in the right place?
  • I pulled it from this: Spartan Fund pdf

There's also renderings for the new golf building and another office renovation to Breslin.
  • There's a new six floor, 74,000 sq ft office addition coming for FRIB. MSU Board of Trustees approves FRIB office tower addition

Office%20Addition%20Rendering_0.jpg
  • I was like "didn't they just add an addition?" And so I read through the press release and it talks about that. lol
  • Yeah, the most recent addition is the one directly to the right of the six story addition. I really like their timeline, they are serious about their business! Demolition starting next month and occupancy by August 2016.
  • Funding in the federal government is obviously a very tough issue right now, and for the forseeable future. So, MSU has been very rigorous with FRIB in order to reassure the projected funding from the federal government. The University has to be proactive, show commitment to FRIB and cannot leave anything up to politicians. Nevertheless, I think the FRIB project has surpassed its uncertainty point and it will executed fully.
  • I was by the FRIB today and they are already working on the new office buildings foundation and there's a crane on site. FRIB itself has had steel above ground for about a month or so but work on the above ground portions seems to have slowed/stopped for now.
  • edited June 2015
    More of an update, but the LSJ had a piece yesterday on the formal approval of the expansion of University Village by the Board of Trustees.
    Plans call for 11 new buildings and outdoor recreation space on the west end of the property, which is in a 100-year flood plain and cannot be developed, officials said. The development will have a marketplace and university offices and was designed as a walkable community, they said.

Three four-story buildings along the south edge of the development will house 60 one-bedroom apartments and 129 two-bedroom units for students with families, MSU officials said.

Several buildings on the northeast part of the development will house 244 units for single students, including studio apartments and two- and four-bedroom apartments. New townhouses are set to go in near University Village.

The office building will have a coffee shop, light grocery store and a spirit shop, along with a university ticket office, a housing sign-up office and a student employment office, officials said.

They say construction could start as early as August. Seems some of the residents of the Flower Pot neighborhood weren't too happy about the four-story buildings, which will be built almost along the southern porperty line of the village.
  • It's nice to see this officially moving forward. I noticed a fence go up around the property recently so I wouldn't be surprised to at least see site work start any time.