SkyVue on Michigan

Comments

• Oops, higher-res and not on Facebook, look at dat.
  • Thanks for that, I was wondering if this had a webcam somewhere.
  • Floor plans have been added to their website: http://liveskyvue.com/floor-plans. Definitely student-focused housing, which I knew but forgot.
  • edited September 2016
    Yesterday:

29005374923_36ac597be0_c.jpg

I never can get over how massive this thing is when viewed from Frandor. In fact, I just noticed the other day that you can catch a glimpse of it eastbound on Michigan from the top of the "hill" that Sparrow sits on. I guess I'd never paid attention.
  • I can't get over how squat it looks even at 8-9 floors. The more I think about it the more I wish that the units in this building could have been spread out over multiple buildings of varying sizes and heights, but I guess we'll have to take what we can get at this point.
  • I am hoping the facade will be light in the sense of it is a huge building by Lansing or any standard and it kind of fills the sky as you drive east down Michigan Ave. so something the is reflective of sky white or light grey tones like sand stone,and be illuminated at night would help to lessen the fortress feeling the building has now. Of course I have seen the drawings, and well I hope it looks better in reality. Plus now that it seems like it is just for students for some reason it seems less appealing, you know kind of like all those big blocks they built in E.L.. I probably will never know some one who lives there and won't be ever visiting that building. I also think the parking structure is very ugly and it all you can see from 127.
  • The way that this was built without public funds shows the amount of demand for student housing close to Michigan State. It greatly increases the land value of Sears and will likely lead to a similar development on the Sears property in the next 5-10 years. The land value won't increase as much for the Frandor Plus outlots since they are in East Lansing and will face much stricter zoning ordinances. The Red Cedar property is largely on the flood plain which is why it is so much more difficult for Ferguson to develop over there.
  • edited September 2016
    Frandor Plus is in the City of Lansing. East Lansing doesn't start until the other side of Midtown. Frandor, Frandor Plus, Friendship Manor senior apartments, Midtown...all that's in Lansing. Midtown's eastern property line is the city limits. It's why there was a bar for years where Midtown was, because the city of East Lansing was a dry town for a very long time. The city limits then jog back west down Michigan Avenue so that the properties on the south side of the street outside Red Cedar are in East Lansing. Red Cedar and Kircher Park is the extent of Lansing to the south of Michigan.
  • Oh okay, thanks for the correction. Hopefully we see some good infill on Frandor Plus then.