SkyVue on Michigan

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Jared, I'm as big a supporter of unions as any in both theory and practice, but paying random people - if this is indeed what happened - to protest is utterly cynical, deceptive and completely unacceptable. It'd be completely legitimate for people from the union - or even activists who simply support unions and their policies - to be protesting voluntarily; our democracy is always made better by people participating in it. But, if what David is saying is true, it's why people don't trust any institutions, anymore. And, if you have to pay someone to protest, maybe the issue isn't as hot as you thought it was.

I'm still holding complete judgement without some kind of corroboration, though. If these were liberal/progressive activists who had transportation or lunch paid for, while I don't really like that, that would be less offensive. If, however, they are just hiring random people off the street or temp workers who really have no idea what they are protesting if asked, that's really kind of skeevy and undercuts the entire protest.
  • Those are good points. I agree that if they are not union members it is deceptive to pay to have them out there protesting.
  • The whole thing is kind of strange. I don't really think it is very deceptive ,or necessarily "wrong" to hire people to picket. I can understand how people might react negatively upon hearing the union was doing this. I think "what's the big deal", I am rarely moved by people holding signs on the side of the road, and the only thing I gathered from seeing them was that the developer was not using union carpenters. I think they should use union carpenters and maybe could be more honest, if it is true, and have only members picket . While there are unions and union members that have broken the law, and been in some way corrupt, I think unions are an overall benefit to workers and their employers. Corporate talking points about unions are always the same, and part of a tiresome myth.
  • Thanks for posting the photos, this building is going to be huge! I wonder if it will show up above the tree lines to the west or if I could see it from my building on S Washington?
  • Depends on how high up your are in your building, I supposed. But, yes, at over 100 feet, this building will be visible anywhere above the tree line. Spartan Stadium is a bit taller, but it easily visible from any place above the tree line and its not that far from this building.
  • And then today, from a different spot. CiiaR-7W0AAvs_q.jpg:large
  • Beautiful framing on this one.
  • I apologize if this has been posted already, but AUDG Holdings has this video rendering of their SkyVue in Oakland PA that might give insight as to what we could expect with SkyVue Lansing:
  • I'll go on record to say that IF:

The Lansing SkyVue is built to this level of quality

and IF

The Lansing SkyVue contains apartments for PURCHASE

and IF

The size and layout of a purchasable apartment is adequate (including outdoor access)

and IF

The price is in my budget

Then I'm seriously considering selling my house in Lansing, buying into SkyVue.