SkyVue on Michigan

Comments

• The sidewalks around the building and, actually, into the courtyard (which is still unfinished) are now open, I was walking by today. Standby for photos...

• Thanks for the photos! This building is so cool, I think what makes me the happiest about it is the lack of drama around its construction and proposal/planning process. If we could get a few more of these in the pipeline along the Michigan Ave / Grand River corridor it would make a huge difference.

• edited July 2017

It's really easy to get student(-focused) apartments built, and it's easier in Lansing than East Lansing. I'd personally like to see some more stuffed focused at families and higher-end stuff, because you'd get housing that looks a bit better, and it won't just trying to be craming people in so the design will be more varied and slender. But, I'm not really complaining. lol Actually, I think something like this would have done pretty well on downtown with all of the under utilized state and city lots in the western half of downtown. Plus, it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. lol

I'm getting anxious about the project across the street, because this is the kind of housing we'll likely see over there.

• Nice pictures! :)

• It really does feel like a development that belongs in a downtown, somehow strange where it ended up. Hopefully it prompts that area to become more downtowny.

• Was in town for a couple of days and HOLY COW is this building big. It looks great, but it is in a whole other scale vs the rest of the area. Hopefully when the development across the street gets a little more traction it will look a little less conspicuous.

• edited July 2017

Over all I like the new building. I do wish the spent a little more on the facade materials and maybe framing the windows. It really does loom in the eastern view coming down Michigan Ave, and all you can really see from 127 is the parking ramp, which I think people who do not live here must wonder what is that huge parking ramp for.

I agree that downtown would be the best place for more high rise housing. Is anything happening at the former Y site? They have the fountain in Reutter Park running really nicely now, it really is a good water show, and I think it would be such a natural place for apartments. Out east if there is a building overlooking a beautiful park with a big fountain it would be full of people paying huge amounts of money just to live there.

• Wow great views! I had not really thought about that aspect of being in the building looking out. The inner courtyard looks good too. I had building kit when I was a kid and all the "blocks or panels" looked just like this. Lansing looks like it is set in a forest.

• I came down 127 yesterday, and like gbdinlansing said, the parking garage is looming large. It's a shame they couldn't have done something to dress it up a little.