General Lansing Development

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Hood, I agree about the Hosmer street factory. That is a very interesting building, especially viewed from the other side where the original factory windows are still in place. The views from the upper floor of downtown would be awesome.

It's also good someone is looking at Cedar Street School. It's been empty for many, many years now. I'm all for adaptive reuse in almost every instance.
  • I've been waiting awhile to see Cedar Street School redeveloped, I'll be really glad to see it actually happen. It would really do a lot to improve that area, I think.
  • Just FYI, the building at 827 E Michigan is for sale. It would make for a prime redevelopment opprotunity. The parking lot directly north of it and the parking lot at Michigan & Eighth is also for sale. The reason I bring this up is because I wouldn't be at all suprised to see this building get remodeled, maybe even into some residential. The parking lot on Michigan could also provide an opprotunity for a small to moderately sized development.

827emichigan.jpg
  • Check out this story on the fully restored Mutual Building, it also includes a photo gallery. Christman did a real nice job on this.

$12M renovation by Christman Co. adds dash of modernity to historic site
  • I had read the article but never noticed the photo gallery. It sure looks nice inside of the building. Do you know how many square feet it is?
  • It's around 60,000 sq ft.
  • on 827 E Michigan... who is listing that property? Who owns it?
  • It's listed by CBRE, and owned by someone in Flint (according to the property info site), owners: SETTER L ROBERT & TIILIKKA LYNN

827 E Michigan
  • edited March 2008
    EDIT
  • oops, my bad.