General Lansing Development

Comments

• Just fyi, the same guy that owns Omar's and The Exchange is opening a new nigthclub named Harem next to the Nuthouse. It's slated to be a 3 night a week club with a middle-eastern motif. They have signs up in the windows, but I have yet to look close enough to read everything on them. I've also heard from a reliable source that there are several more bars/clubs getting ready to open downtown in the next year or so.
  • Here are some SketchUp images of Lansing. I added in all the proposed projects, ones in Blue are proposed, ones in green are under construction.

Lansing1.jpg

Lansing2.jpg

Lansing3.jpg
  • wow,those pics look great. I hope that all the prposed projects actually go through
  • You all hear that Lansing and Lansing Township ended their battle over the sewers to Eastwood (i.e. 'downtown' Lansing Township)? It sounds like Lansing Township got the most out of this with them getting sewers and only agreeing to future talks about regional planning. It seems odd, though, because I can't imagine Bernero settling for anything less than something solid in holding back sewers, so something smells very fishy to me.
  • I'm assuming there's more to it, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • I just noticed the other day that Prudden Place is getting ready for phase II by expanding it's parking lot north of the MotorWheels Lofts. To me, it seems like such a poor use of the land as there is already a huge parking lot there. I realize a lot of it is used for the police precint and such, but it's never full. You'd have thought that they'd have built and underground lot or small parking garage to mazimize what they could have put on the site which is quite large.
  • They are expanding the parking lot to attract an office tenant for the space next to the North Precinct, I think there was a Captiol Gains article about it awhile back.
  • Does anyone know where exactly on the westside this 180,000 sq foot building for Peckham is going?

http://capitalgainsmedia.com/devnews/peck0202.aspx?referrerID=fbce1ca4-4d52-4248-90c8-1d38b1b5f16d
  • edited March 2008
    It's at the entrance to Capital City Airport, just off Grand River Avenue. Peckham already has a giant warehouse at the site and its adding onto that going north toward the airport.

Depending on how you think of the city, you might call that the north or northwest side.

The image Capital Gains is posting shows the site looking to the south/southeast.
  • Hey, Hood, what have you heard about River North up in Old Town that Richard Karp never formally announced? Is it still a go, or little more than a vision? It seems to have remained below the radar and seems to have never come back up for discussion.