Website Updates

Comments

• Thank you, I have now gotten the /forum link fixed. Both /forum and / will now redirect to /discussions.

• The site is now running the latest version of the forum software we have been using all along. We should get some nice updates with this, for example the search should work a lot better now.

A couple notes so far:

• You may need to reset your password using the "Forgot password" feature to get access to your account. Please contact me if you need extra help.
    • All discussion history has been preserved
    • The "project pages" of the former site are no longer around. Luckily there hadn't been much activity on them recently and they mainly covered projects that had either finished construction or have been in the planning process for many, many years ahem Museum Place
    • I'm still learning more about the new forum software, such as how to enable rich formatting of posts and tweaks to the styling. Right now it seems the way to format your message is to use either HTML or Markdown. I'm looking for a WYSIWYG editor but I haven't found one yet.

Please comment here or reach out to me through email if you have any issues.

Thanks,
    Jared (weinjared -at- gmail)

• I just noticed that the mobile view of the site is a lot better now. No need to zoom in and zoom out of the page.

• Everything seems to work ok for me.

• Jared, did the dates disappear, or were they never there and I just noticed recently? All I can see is month and year except for the most recent posts.

• It appears that by default the dates get replaced with the month once the month changes? Hovering over the date shows the more specific time. I'll look to see if this can be changed.

• I updated the site today to use HTTPS everywhere. All pages should automatically upgrade connections to HTTPS which means that you should see 'https://' in the address bar. This also means that your login information is now encrypted when traveling between your computer and the server hosting the website.

• I just noticed today that registration for new users was blocked because I hadn't configured the "I'm not a robot" API. This is now configured and new registrations should go through.

• I have just updated the website to the latest version (2.3.1), which was released on May 11th. Please let me know if you notice any issues with the website, however this is a minor security fix and there should be no functional or noticeable changes.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/33498/critical-security-release-vanilla-2-3-1 in case you are interested.

• I don't know if anyone has said anything in a while, but thank you for all of this. I know it's basically just a labor of love, but I appreciate all the work you do to support this.