Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum

Comments

• Yeah, it is really busy. I'm planning on grabbing some pictures next time I'm over in that area.
  • I had no idea, I'll have to go by there soon.
  • The ground breaking for the museum is set for tomorrow. I went by today and they had two large white tents set up with chairs for about 100.
  • I came across this video of a fly through of the new art museum. It looks a lot taller than I had been expecting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3_ApgR3X8
  • That's great...it looks like at the highest point it will be a little above the building directly to the south for comparison.

I don't have the background to really know, but it seems at this point the final building will be pretty much spot on to the renderings, correct? From recent articles, it sounds like the exterior and interior design issues are all finalized and nothing is expected to change at this point right?
  • That fly-through is great! The overhead views make the museum seem like it's almost incorrectly tilted compared to the other structures, when, in reality, it's just the crazy slant of the museum itself.

Is that potential LED lighting I see in the hallways BTW?
  • It looks like it. It also looks like there may be some interesting exterior lighting.
  • edited April 2010
    Shots I took of the construction earlier today:

IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
  • That's quite a hole there making for that small of a building. I'm guessing it's going to have a business?