Marketplace

Comments

• edited January 2018

No, I just meant a different scheme/placement.

• Gillespie Group's social media is saying that phase II will officially open, today.

Now the company can move on to its next developments. I wonder if that will be the Larch/Michigan site or the next phase of Marketplace?

• I am not a big fan of the colorful siding, but I think visitors will remember these buildings and think of Lansing as a colorful place. I have not really traveled around much since I moved back to Lansing, so I don't know are they building this type of colorful developments elsewhere?

• A quick glance through the first four pages of https://curbed.detroit.com doesn't show similar bright colors being used in Detroit developments. I am doubtful that they will stand the test of time but for apartments that's OK. I'd be more worried if they were condos.

• Yeah, this is a Gillespie Group signature, really. Regardless, it's done and I'm glad this phase is done so we and they can move on.

• I think it looks better in pictures than it does in person. When we were back in town last summer I was surprised how cheap it looked up close.

• I am hoping that the next project Gillespie builds will be better and of more quality than the Marketplace. I think color can be good without looking kind of cheap. I have not seen the 3rd phase drawings in the window lately, but they depicted the same colors for that phase. And yes it does look cheap close up!

• There is a new video featuring the new Market Place Apartments on lsj.com. It says that is is going to be a restaurant open to everyone there. Maybe it will have a river view.

• edited April 2018

Well, this is something they kept pretty close to the vest, as I don't ever recall them saying any part of the building would be public. This is great to hear. The article does say that it will have a riverfront patio.

And, apparently, they already have 50 of the 79 units leased in the new wing. I have to say, though, from the pictures the Journal posted that the views out of the front of the building are depressing. Gillepsie really needs to start building along Cedar.