General Lansing Development

Comments

• Any pictures of it for those of us who don't get to Lansing as often as we'd like?
  • You're right about the new antenna LMich. The tower looks shorter now that the antenna is so much less substantial.
  • Thanks, binto. Does anyone have a picture from a distance or a "head on" photo of the tower with the new antenna?
  • Interesting... would love to see some design concepts for this:

Published November 13, 2007
    [ From LSJ.com ]

Lansing plans entertainment venue project
    Evening update

Jeremy W. Steele
    Lansing State Journal

Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero is expected to announce city plans Wednesday to build a permanent outdoor performance venue in Adado Riverfront Park.

The mayor is slated to be joined by Eric Hart, executive director of the Lansing Entertainment and Public Facilities Authority, and officials from several Lansing-area arts organizations, to announce the project.

Further details were not immediately released.

The group is scheduled to have a 9:30 a.m. news conference at the Lansing Center.

The park already is used for the annual Common Ground music festival, which is put on by the Lansing Entertainment and Public Facilities Authority.

Read more on this story in Wednesday's Lansing State Journal.

Contact Jeremy W. Steele at 377-1015 or jwsteele@lsj.com.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071113/NEWS01/711130377
  • My guess/hope is that it will be built with it's back to Shiawasee, much in the same location that the main stage for Common Ground is. This way it doesn't obstruct the riverfront.
  • The Lansing State Journal published a site map and there's a small head-on view of it at the LSJ's downtown project interactive map.
  • I heard awhile back from someone on here that Buffalo Wild Wings was supposed to be moving next door to the Nuthouse, where the small Oldsobile Museum was. I noticed yesterday that paper had been put up in the windows, I drive by there almost every day and thats the first I seen it. There is also a building permit in the window. I hope that this does turn out to be a Buffalo Wild Wings, I think that attracting a chain resturaunt is a sign for downtown.
  • You know how great it would be to see a bandshell built. Bandshells transfer the sound a lot better than this flat stage. The roof and the back half of the shell protect musicians from the elements and reflect sound through the the open side and out towards the audience. Here is a picture of one in Daytona Beach:

800px-DaytonaBeach-Bandshell.jpg