Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• One from last month
    3609616804_cbd5ca9454.jpg
  • They have begun vertical construction on the annex, and it looks like it's going to be moving pretty quickly.
  • They've also now got a crane on the eastbank for the city market and promenade construction.
  • The new construction is up to four floors now, but they will have to tear down the parking ramp before they can even finish the front (west end) of the foundation. Pics from Sunday -

th_IMG_0087.jpg

th_IMG_0088.jpg

th_IMG_0090.jpg

The new chiller plant is getting very close to completion -

th_IMG_0076.jpg

th_IMG_0077.jpg
  • Got this, today. Not the best picture. I was surprised to see how fast the steel is going up.

3719723678_7e4d78677c_o.jpg

On the right you can slightly make out the construction on the River Trail.
  • Just FYI, they have completed as much of the annex's structure as they can before razing the parking ramp.
  • edited July 2009
    The annex is looking pretty big now. When do you think they'll start on razing the parking ramp?
  • I though the parking ramp was supposed to come down in October, but I'm not sure on that.
  • edited July 2009
    The LSJ is reporting what 1st Ward councilman Eric Hewitt had hinted at in another thread a few months back: plans for the AF campus parking garage are in jeopardy. If I'm to be honest, I can't say I'm disappointed in the least. If we had a more forward-thinking city government and planning board with actual ordinances that encouraged walkable, mass transit heavy cities, we'd place limits on the size and space counts of parking garages instead of limits on how few parking spaces a home or business can have. In fact, a progressive board would count being along a bus line as if it were a number of parking spaces.