Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• Construction Pics from over the weekend:

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    September 22

3946758024_fcbef5429a_o.jpg
    (really liked how this one turned out)

3946758042_7235a06336.jpg
  • Just FYI, they have the chillers completely removed, now they are removing the platform that they sat on. You can get a pretty decent view of the building from Grand now, you can really start to picture what it's going to look like now.
  • The City of Lansing and the Ingham County Board of Commissioners are looking to establish a recovery zone so Christman can sell bonds to finance construction of the parking ramp.
    The federal 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act authorized the recovery zone facility bonds to finance "shovel ready" private economic development projects creating jobs. The parking structure project is supposed to create up to 100 building trades jobs, according to city officials.
    See the LSJ article here: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20090928/NEWS01/309280022
  • Meh. I was actually hoping that they'd be unable to find financing for this. That they started the project without even knowing if they would be able to finance the garage tells me that the garage wasn't a deal breaker and thus wasn't really needed, rather is simply for convenience.

Yep, I noticed the chillers were gone when I went down to photograph on Sunday.

3960678207_d6bf787c8c.jpg
  • Those are nice pictures. I really like the angle in the last picture.
  • th_IMG_0287.jpg

Window frames are going in on the annex:
    th_IMG_0290.jpg
  • I just noticed that the steel beems that come outside the original building at the Northwest corner are still there. The ones that look like it is the framework/tracks for a crane pully system that was built into the building. When I looked at the renderings that face the building from Grand Ave looking at the atrium between the old and new bulidings, those steel beams on the outside of the building are still there. Not a big deal, but I thought that was kinda interesting.
  • Also, I have to say I'm really excited for next year's Common Ground. For the people who don't pay attention to this type of news, how cool and what an effect it will be when they walk past this area to Adado Park and see how different this area of downtown is...it just might get people from the surrounding area to think that downtown is actually growing/improving and good things are happening, start changing some perceptions and whatnot.