Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• I thought it was going to be an aluminum facade but since they are putting a red brick facade on the side facing Shiawassee I'm having doubts.
  • For the addition the North facade will be brick and above the 1st floor small rectangular windows of varying length will be randomly placed. Closer to the river, again on the North facade, there will be a large all glass opening to capture the views of the river on the upper floors. You can somewhat make it out on the aerial renderings and video that was released awhile back. The remaining facades will be all glass, 1st floor will have a smaller footprint than the floors above to create overhangs to the East, West, and South. There will also be a projection (like a horizontal sunshade) at the 2nd floor line and roof line. Again take a look at the renderings.
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah, I've always thought of the addition as looking like a television.

constmilo, do you happen to know if any renderings have been released of the parking garage or any more renderings showing the northside of the addition? I've heard that the parking garage has actually changed in design from the preliminary renderings/massings.
  • The overhangs are not going to be brick, are they?

I would also be interested in seeing renderings of the parking garage. Will it leave room for another expansion on the site?
  • Nothing official on the deck but massing is consistent with what has been released. Overhangs will not be brick and will be metal panels and grating; it should be a cool design giving the addition a modern look contrasted with the historic station. Once the deck is built it will not allow room for expansion.
  • Check out Christman's website where they have three different webcams for the project. You can get a good idea on what the North elevation will look like.
  • Some glass is up on the south side of the addition.
  • I snapped a couple pictures with my phone of the annex, the glass is looking really nice. I don't know if the quality is good enough see much in my pics though.

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    November 7

4083626535_fe7fe9f2b0.jpg

4083626537_691f5ed6d2.jpg

4083626543_b28c79b327.jpg

4083626551_b981d3189f.jpg

4083626545_24e6d1bf0f.jpg
  • Thanks for the pics MichMatters. Looking at that first picture, I think it would have been cool if they had done the bricks on the annex in the same gradient as they are on the power plant. What do you think?