Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• A great insight on the progress of the construction from City Pulse:
    Taming of the flame
  • A couple of pictures from today:
    6467f340.jpg

e1701f51.jpg
  • I think the feel of the river and its accessibility on that side has been improving a lot during this construction. I've always thought that it seems too much in the background, hidden behind buildings etc especially on the western side of it.
  • It has, that was an intentional effect of the project. I really can't wait to see the new portion of the River Trail opened up.
  • They began dismantling the tower crane, yesterday, and as of today it's nearly completed. Sad to see it go, really. Wished it was being replaced by another crane on the skyline. lol
  • They are installing the pre-cast concrete facade, and looked to have in one day installed the roof-top light towers.

Also, I shouldn't have been surprised, but the outlet onto the Shiawassee Street bridge is from the structures second level and is really quite short. I'm VERY interested to see how the city has planned traffic at the intersection and at the outlet right onto the bridge. Anyone that travels that area in the morning knows that that intersection is already hell because of LCC commuters waiting in line for the college's parking garage. I can't even begin to imagine that they'll let people make anything other than right turns out of the garage onto the bridge.
  • Oh wow that is interesting. I didn't know they were planning an outlet from the parking garage on to the bridge. Seems like a really odd choice of an exit ramp.
  • The entrance and exit off of the Shiawassee Bridge will be a right turn only for traffic both entering and exiting the deck.
  • I took this photo of the garage nearly two weeks ago. Most of the facade has been constructed, already. It was a quicker job than I thought it was going to be. I can't wait until the riverfront promenade on that side of the river is open.

5027755283_1d436a42fa_b.jpg
  • The facade actually has some more work to be done and a semi-transparent metal mesh system will be installed between the horizontal precast on the 2nd and top level.