General Lansing Development

Comments

• Whats "The Basement"?
  • It's the art studio beneath Hareem, I believe. There was a Capital Gains article done a few weeks back on it. It's on Jay Street which lies directly behind the Nuthouse.

http://www.basement414.com/
  • Update, just got reassurance from the city's planning department that 738 East Kalamazoo is not being torn down, but renovated/reconstructed...again. No details on what they are doing, though.
  • Maybe they will do some sort of nice glass wall there or something.
  • edited April 2009
    Ha! One can hope, I guess.

I'm jonesing for some construction/development news. Things have been slow. There is still nothing happening at the City Market site, yet, but it should this month.
  • Yeah, I 'don't expect much news on the development front until at least next year, maybe we could be surprised by some already announced projects moving forward but I hold little hope for anything new. On the other hand there were a few projects on that stimulus list that looked to be private projects in the works, I'd love to find out more about those.
  • I agree hood, right now I'd be ecstatic just to see Capitol Club and MarketPlace get dirt moving.
  • edited April 2009
    Yeah, I'm really wanting to see Capitol Club moving foward, if only that means tearing down the structures on site.

BTW, I think Gillespie has already stated that Market Place won't start for at least another 12 months.
  • Two questions:
    1. Any ideas why the Boji's haven't taken down the scaffolding for the old sign at the top of the Boji Tower?

2. Since the Accident Fund project seems to be pretty much a given (I hope I don't jynx it), what is the next most significant rennovation in Lansing? I say rennovation because a building from scratch is too wide open. I would say rennovation of the Knapps building.
  • edited April 2009
    1. Maybe they left the scaffolding up since it can be used again if they ever get a large tenant who needs a large sign. It is an asset to have the scaffolding up and it doesn't hurt anything if it's not being used.

2. I would hope that the next most significant renovation in Lansing would be the Temple Club. The building has sat vacant now for about 2.5 years and is in a great location. I have nothing against Knapps, I just think the Temple Club is more likely especially with the Medical Arts building opening up next door soon.