General Lansing Development

Comments

• One of the Engineering College advisors (Garth Motschenbacher) sells concessions at the game too. I had to do a double take when I saw him the first time, because he was wearing one of those crazy foam food hats!
  • It looks like they have started working on that building in the 600 block of e Michigan that they were supposed to add the second floor to.
  • I can't picture what building that is. That's over by the city rescue mission, right?
  • No, I believe this one is on the south side of the street nearer to the railroad tracks across from Clara's, though I'm having a hard time picturing exactly which structure this may be.
  • Its on the south side of Michigan, I think the first building west of the train tracks. I'm still not clear if they are adding a second floor to just the one storefront or to more than that one. Here's a pic of the building from the assessors site:

628emichigan.jpg
  • I'd only imagine it would be just that one unless the agenda showed more than one address. This looks to be a standalone building meaning that it's not simply one building divded into two.
  • But it also looks like it could be the same building as the one next to it, given that they share the same decorative bricks at the top and the same recession about 2 feet from the roof.
  • But, as you can see, below the decorative cornice, the indentions in the facade end and don't connect.
  • NioWave in the old Walnut Elementary School has announced that they will be expanding, and expect to grow from 20 employees to 50 by the end of the year.
  • I was surprised they moved in so fast. I thought they'd have to do significant reconstruction of the school, but I guess not. It was also neat to hear that part of their space is being rented out for other general business to community businesses. It will act as a business incubator for small businesses.