General Lansing Development

Comments

• Things have been pretty slow over the past few months. I'm really beginning to wonder about the Lenawee and Capitol Club Tower.
  • The Capitol Club Tower will be having a rooftop party during Silver Bells on top of the parking deck. I expect that they are moving forward with it. The windows on the first floor of the city club are all boarded up.
  • I think the only projects moving forward soon will be Accident Fund, City Market and possibly Ottawa @ Butler. All the news has been slow, I just wonder whether it has more to do with the global credit markets or the local economy. I think most if not all of the projects announced over the past 1-2 years will happen, it's just a matter of when, and now is not the time.
  • edited December 2008
    Just reading Monday's council agenda and it appears that the Committee on Development and Planning is finally establishing a neighborhood enterprise zone along one of downtown's gateways: Kalamazoo between Cedar and Hosmer. I'd been writing the first ward councilman for years now about seeing this areas potential.
  • Council approves relocation of Troppo

This is from today's LSJ. It just says that council approved the $440k loan from the EDC and that construction should start in 2009.

Also, the new chiller plant on Walnut is coming along, I think they are about done with the foundation.
  • The plywood on the windows of the 1st floor of 1 Michigan Ave. has been replaced by grey colored material that matches the building keeping it from looking run down. Also, the awning on the south side of the buliding for National City Bank has already been removed.
  • That's a smart move to swap out the plywood. Once they put up plywood they need to put up scaffolding pretty quick to avoid the look of an abandoned building.
  • edited November 2008
    They really don't have to worry about, or be concerned with, it looking abanonded. It is so obviously an active building. The ATM at this location is still operable, no?
  • Seems like Lansing is starting to grow in a positive way.... same for Grand Rapids. Anyone know where I can find a site similar to this for Grand Rapids, Michigan. Just would like to see what all they have plan.
  • The only Grand Rapids forum I know of is on a site called Urban Planet, GR just has a section for themselves on there, it's pretty active though. Lansing also has a section, but there are rarely posts.

Grand Rapids Forum