MSU Development

Comments

• Wow, that's going to be quite something, when finished, and a welcomed change.
  • Yeah it will be nice. This is one of the other renderings for what it should look like when completed:

CP04085.gif
  • I'd seen the rendering, and this is one of the few times that the actual construction looks better than the rendering.
  • That rendering looks like it was done in SketchUp. Good to make easy models, but the textures aren't that great, theres no lights and no reflections.
  • If you can find a page with some info of each of the first three, I'll try to get around adding them, soon.
  • Somewhat bad news about the new Broad Art Museum. The State News is reporting that the project's "initial outside estimates" in terms of cost were about $160 million, 4x the original cost. I have no idea how the University would get enough in donations to cover the rest of that cost, but Lou Anna in the article goes on to shoot down any thought the final price will reach anywhere near that. The article also seems to give little to no information on how the University plans to cut costs back down to the $40 million, but the issue seems to have something to do with the design of the roof, which will be amended before construction.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing an altogether different design.
  • The glass is now all up on the Wharton Center. Here is a picture from MSU's website from a couple weeks ago:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9474&g2_serialNumber=2
  • Thats looking really nice.
  • The glass walls are starting to go up on the Cyclotron Office Expansion. I hope to get some pictures up here soon to show. Currently the glass is only on the east side of the building.