MSP Headquarters

Comments

• I do like the quality of work on this. I can't wait to see the exterior completed, it should be a nice building, I just wish they didn't build it on the river...
  • edited February 2009
    A picture from today, word around the state is that MSP will be moving in 4th quarter 2009 or 1st quarter 2010, which seems long to me:
    th_MSP10.jpg
  • edited February 2009
    I was just thinking about this the other day, and how incredibly off schedule they are. I wonder what happened? It was originally supposed to be open in the first quarter of this year if I remember correctly.
  • Progress on the MSP HQ:
    th_IMG_5305.jpg

th_IMG_5306.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    The fencing is mostly completed, the signage is up and all the doors and windows are in on the MSP Headquarters, I haven't when the first people will be moving in for sure though.

th_IMG_0081.jpg
  • Didn't the LSJ say they were moving in in December?
  • A recent State News article discusses MSU's plans for the current MSP Headquarters once it's vacated. Terry Denbow notes that there has not been any "in-depth" discussion about what to do with the property yet, but they're considering a lot of options.

No offense to the author, but the article seems a little shoddily written. It's hard to keep track of who's talking about what, but at one point it appears that Rep. Rick Jones of Grand Ledge chimes in against the move, saying a mere $1 mil. renovation could've kept the police there until 2030. In terms of MSU's potential use of the building if they decide to leave it up, Rep. and former EL Mayor Mark Meadows seems to think it could be used for FRIB purposes.
  • A $1 million renovation lol

I don't know where people come up with this stuff, that building needed to be gutted 10 or 20 years ago and he thinks a measly million bucks could make it fit for the next 20? I honestly can't believe that politicians think the public is that stupid, but then again their tactics do seem to work.
  • He's not stupid, and that's actually he bad thing. He's lying through his teeth (something he's done before) and knows it. A 10-year-old that took a tour of the campus would know it needed more than a million in renovation/restoration work.

Rick's mad that the MSP wasn't steered toward the Secondary Complex (which, really shouldn't have ever been built, at least at its current size) in his district. I'd noted my disappointments with it going at the Triangle lot when it was originally announced, but it happened and Rick and the rest need to make the best of it and choose another battle. They are trying to use this as a campaign weapon for the 2010 gubernatorial election and the state senate and house elections; hopefully, it'll back-fire on them.
  • From today:
    th_IMG_0200.jpg

th_IMG_0199.jpg