MSP Headquarters

Comments

• Man, they really need to do something with the overhead wires and wooden poles in this city...

2686466405_cb0bf91353_o.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    I agree. I hate how they are everywhere. Seems to me that we'd have a LOT less problems during/after storms if they were buried. The weird thing is that some places they are. My neighborhood is about half and half. Luckily my area they are all underground.

Edit to say that it's the wires that are buried, NOT the poles. ;-)
  • A couple of construction updates:
    100_0176.jpg

100_0177.jpg
  • Here is a new rendering of the MSP Headquarters:
    MI-State-Police.jpg

There is an article about it in this week's Capital Gains: $45 Million State Police Headquarters Changes Downtown Lansing Skyline
  • That rendering, FYI, is the view from the river trail.
  • Yep, it looking southwest from the River Trail. That is, if there was no trees to obstruct the view. I've found that it makes much less of an impact from the other side of the river than I thought it would.
  • Yeah, the view from the River Trail is definitely underwhelming:

2772747946_a8220f5f94_o.jpg
  • Has anyone heard any plans for the rivertrail to extend down the west bank past here? With the extension by the new Accident Fund HQ and Capitol Club going up, you would think that there would be a new extension here also. I believe I even seen a Capitol Club siteplan showing a pedestrian bridge, but it was never mentioned in connection with the project.
  • Nope, I haven't heard anything from the Parks & Rec, and they'd be the ones to make such an announcement. Perhaps, I'll shoot off and email to my contact at Parks & Rec to see if this is going anywhere.