MSP Headquarters

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I disagree. I think that is where we should consolidate as many state offices as possible seeing as that's what that area was bulldozed for. It's too late to save the west end of downtown because of how it was carved into superblocks. But the MSP, here, would have been a perfect spot especially seeing as how it would have taken out one of those giant surface lots. I see maybe a few retail establishments and minimal housing on that side of downtown, but not much more.

BTW, the Triangle Lot has now been completely fenced in.
  • LMich, I completely agree with you on the location. It just makes sense to keep the state offices in the area that was created for that purpose. I was being semi-sarcastic with my comment. Having worked there it always seemed like you needed to round the capital just to see anything other than a government office. (it's a walk that is nice in the summer, but a long trek during the cold winter months…)
  • Construction has begun, they are ripping up the lot and there is a small crane on site, I assume to drill the footings.
  • Yep, passed by their yesterday and today and it does appear they are putting in the pilings.
  • BTW, I got a rendering of the thing from the Department of Management and Budget the other day. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post it, but it looks MUCH nicer than even the more recent rendering in the paper. Lots of quality stone, it appears and much less concrete than I'd originally thought.
  • edited January 2008
    Here is a picture from the LSJ of the current progress (Article):
    bilde?Site=A3&Date=20080117&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=801170394&Ref=AR&Profile=1001&MaxW=300
  • I just noticed that they know have the usual construction sign out front stating the architects, builders, and developers with a great rendering of the building. I'll try to get a picture of that.
  • There was a site plan for the MSP HQ included in this weeks City Council packet. Also, Lmich, the address will be 333 S Grand if you can fix that in Emporis.

MSPSitePlan.jpg
  • Heres the rendering on the sign (Jared, if you could put this image on the project page):
    MSPHeadquarters.jpg

A view of the site:
    MSPHQ1.jpg
  • As of yesterday they had resumed work on this project.