Capitol Club Tower (Proposed high rise condos!!!)

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Riverhouse is an all-glass tower. I don't really know what style you would call this, I guess it's mostly modern, with a touch of post-modern.

As for my optimism, it's simply a gut feeling. They have been firmly saying 18 floors an "maybe more" this whole time. I think the 14 floor figure is more of a worst case scenario, just to protect themselves from any angry buyers expecting a higher up unit. Ofcourse anything could happen, it could be even taller than 18, shorter than 14, or it could completely fall through (knock on wood,) after all this project has been a rollercoaster ride from it's announcement.
  • Micro,

Yeah, the massing seems very similar to River House. My worry is that it already looks squat at 18 stories in the new rendering. They take anything else off of it, and they really might as well find a larger site and stretch the thing horizontally. I'm saying that tongue-in-cheek, but, really, you get it too much shorter and it's going to be an ugly little thing.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • edited September 2008
    I rode by Studio Intrigue's office, on Sunday, on my bike and in the window was a very strange version of the tower. I assume it was a side-view/profile of the current proposal. It showed a stone base, and a glass tower rising out of it. I couldn't get a picture of it because it was partially obstructed by another design in the window, but you all should really go check it out.

Hood, you think you could try to find the exact height of the new design?
  • Yeah I try to email the guy at studio intrigue again. Last time he didn't have much to say though.
  • edited October 2008
    So, they've updated their website (http://www.capitolclubtower.com/), and it's confusing as ever. On the left side of the new banner they show a 12-story version of the tower, on the right a 3D version of the 18-story tower. I don't know what to think, anymore. lol

cct_flash_stand_in.jpg

capitol_club_tower_exterior_zoom.jpg
  • It's about time they updated their site. They really didn't add any useful information though.
  • In fact, they made it more confusing. The "questions" page seems to make reference to the 18-story tower. The more detailed pages showing the new condo names seems to reference a 12-story building.
  • And they were quoted in the last news article about the project as saying it will be 14 floors or taller. I'm beginning to wonder how solid this project really is.
  • It is interesting, but I'm not worried. Until they start doing some sort of site work and ordering steel, they really don't have to have a solid number of floors.
  • I know that they don't need a for-sure floor count, that could even change after construction has begun the way they've been designing this project. I'm becoming more worried that this project either won't happen at all, or it will be severely delayed. I really don't know what to think about it, all the info looks sketchy and they don't even have a pricing scheme yet, and they are not yet selling units, only taking non-binding reservations.