Capitol Club Tower (Proposed high rise condos!!!)

Comments

• edited June 2008
    A panorama (and one that didn't turn out so well) of the South Grand Parking Structure to be reconstructed and reclad for the Capitol Club Tower:

2543613224_ed3ab2a514_b.jpg

The site of the tower (on left):

2542782053_b34cc24e30_o.jpg
  • Did you get a chance to stop and look at those posters on the fence? I've been meaning to check them out, I assume they have something to do with th rivertrail or something.
  • Do you mean the illustrations on the fence pictured? These are all artwork by local school children. The mayor seems to be big on this. I've noticed this on during other city road and sewer projects.
  • edited June 2008
    Here is a better look at a banner on the opposite side of the street.

2544792945_68f351eab6_b.jpg
  • Good to finally see some more news on this, however little it was...

Anyway, I hope I wasn't the only one that read this as essentially an advertisement for the project. The whole thing smacked of not-so-subliminal marketing, but I really couldn't care less, in this case. The whole "it could grow taller" *wink, wink* if we get enough demand *wink, wink* was shameless. lol
  • This is going to be an interesting project. slated to have groceries, gym, coffee, indoor/outdoor pool, tenant events etc. Then you add in the NEZ designation and you have a place that should seem to sell easy. But the fact that they are selling is good, although these are just the bottom levels. The prices will explode up to a $million$ dollars for the top levels. Currently we dont have the clientele in Lansing to sell those...BUT... we are finally acting as though we want to be a big city, and $million$ dollar condos have Big City written all over them
  • I hadn't heard about grocery, coffee, etc., on the ground floor. I think that would be great for the residents, and probably the beginning of a new wave of "common retail" downtown, things like the recently-deceased bookstore that weren't previously able to scrounge enough business.

That article DID read like a bit of an ad, but it's probably in the city's best interests to see it filled as quickly as possible also, tax income, skyline, etc. I'M even mulling it over... an $1100 mortgage on a $180,000 residence? That's a sweet deal.
  • I wish I was in the position to buy one of these condos.

Where did you hear that a grocery store would be moving in there? That would be great if its true.
  • I talked to the developer. he said grocery but i get the feeling that it is more of a convenience/airport kiosk that has food, type deal. Nothing big like L&L ShopRite. But nice none-the-less for the tenants of the building if they actuall nail down a deal with a company that will move in there.