New Businesses

Comments

• I just saw that in my email. Moo-Ville has been a pretty nice success story. For a place located so far out by itself(intersection of M-66 & M-79), it does a lot of business. Nice to see that I will be able to get their ice cream without driving all the way out to Nashville now. :-) It should be an interesting store.
  • It's not going to be a retails store, at least not entirely. It is supposed to be a bar, open until 2am on the weekends.
  • Yep. I think it will be great. I can't wait.
  • I just thought I'd let everyone know that a wireless store will be opening at 408 S Washington in October. I don't know how well they will do, but this would fill the only remaining storefront on Washington, and thats great news.
  • Will it really be the only storefront remaining? What about where Kelly's was?
  • I guess there's that one too, but the point is still the same, vacancy rates are extremely low. That helps to drive further development.
  • Yes, I really do wish retail development would start creeping into the 500 block of Washington Square. There is room if they'd find someway to replace that parking that would be loss there.
  • The 500 block likely won't see any major development until they do the CSO/streetscape work in 2013 (from Kalamazoo to 496.) Also, just FYI, the parking lot just north of the Downtown Party Store was sold to Abraham Realty, and I've been told that the owners of the Downtown Party Store want$1.5-$2 million for their property.
  • I'm not sure that the CSO has anything to do with when someone chooses to develop a property. I was specifically talking about the parking lot directly to the east of NuUnion. It would be good to see them building a parking garage on the southside of their current parking lot so they wouldn't have to take up that entire block.
  • Hey everybody, longtime lurker, first-time poster. The downtown area is of special interest to me, so I thought I'd add to this conversation. There is a new vacant area down here... the Capital City Bookstore, open all of 9 months, just closed down on the corner of S Washington and Washtenaw. Really bums me out, too, because while it seems that most of our bars and restaurants here are doing OK, we can't seem to hold on to any long-term retail outlets.