New Businesses

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Well, I couldn't believe that the city would let a private business build on parkland (it's not legal), so the location doesn't surprise me. I really do wish they'd open up River Street back up to Kazoo, though. Given that Grand is one way, River is currently cut-off (cul-de-saced), and St. Joseph is also cut off from the service drive, navigating to Cherry Hill by car is difficult enough for residents let alone visitors.
  • I agree. I think they should also sell Kalamzoo Plaza (street and park), to be developed. In the more distant future I think the Kalamazoo Bridge should be replaced with a lower one that allows a line of sight across the river in both directions, otherwise the two sides of the river will never really feel connected.
  • Two stories from todays LSJ:

Liquid Web plans Delta Township HQ
    That sucks. I would have thought Liquid Web would move to the city, where they would be eligible for tax breaks. Oh well, you can't win them all...

Brewery to open doors in August
  • Where in the world in Delta Township is Ena Drive? I actually expected them to stay put in Delta Township, to be honest.
  • Why in the world would you want to locate a business on Ena Drive... it's not even near any major freeway entrance/exit ramps. Just another greenfield development. Kudos to bringing in jobs, but blah on the location.
  • Just looked up the street on Google Map, and I've actually been down to the area a few times. This is a very industrial area, and it's actually kind of popped up over night. I still don't get why they'd want their headquarters down their amongst warehouses and auto parts factories, but I'm not exactly sure what they do, either. lol If they have huge servers maybe they'd simply like to be close to those.
  • Yeah, they are pretty much warehousing servers, so there is hardly any if any at all walk in customers. Location isn't that prime for them, although a good location in an urban area could make the quality of life for the employees a lot better.
  • Where in Delta Township are they currently located? Isn't it north of 496?
  • On Creyts Rd, accross from Meijer warehouse, I think.
  • Hood is correct. It's on Creyts, just a bit north of Lansing Rd.