New Businesses

Comments

• I just want to mention that having learned our lesson the hard way, whether CSO had been done yet or not would definitely factor into any decision to start a new business on a given street.
  • I agree, which is why I think that it's important for the city do Washington Sq all the way to 496 ASAP, rather than doing the 200-300 blocks in 2010 and the 400-700 blocks in 2013. To me that's too long given the condition of Washington, especially the section near the freeway.
  • edited June 2008
    Who are you with NaturalSelection?

Anyway, I think it depends on the type of business. The CSO is definitely and particularly bad for retail, and much less so for services and offices.
  • Also, just want to say that I'm very much in favor of the CSO project in general.
  • edited June 2008
    Yes, I agree. I'm very much in favor, but I too think they could have coordinated this MUCH better than they have. I don't get why one year they work, it seems, on almost every major north-side thoroughfares, and then the next they work on every east-west throughways, essentially shutting down traffice through the city center.

NaturalSelection, is your's a downtown business, or elsewhere in the city center? Just wondering if you're one of those businesses on one of the street TOTALLY shut down, or one of those streets that's open to some traffic.
  • I went down to the Jamaican restaurant on Washington last night and had some really good Jerk Chicken. The rice & beans were good as well, along with the pineapple soda that I had.

I recommend it.
  • Capital Gains has some good articles about new businesses in the Lansing Area.
  • Not really a new business, but a consolidation. Merrill Lincoln Mercury in south Lansing has been merged into Grand Ledge Ford to create Grand Ledge Ford Lincoln Mercury. I just noticed this tonight. Not too surprising since he hasn't owned it for too long. Just too bad it makes another empty spot on the south side.
  • I'm surprised a Lincoln/Mercury dealership lasted that long.
  • Especially in a GM town. If I'm remembering right, that means the only Ford Company in Lansing (the city) now is Central Ford Truck. Grand Ledge F-L-M and Courtesy Ford (Okemos) are on the outskirts.