The Stadium District

Comments

• Some photos from yesterday:
    2373732055_325a7b0408_b.jpg

2374569226_3c87ab373d_b.jpg

My only complaint about this building is the windows on the corner are just too small. They don't fit in.
    2374569010_934a67a0d6_b.jpg
  • I can't wait to see baseball season, when all the new businesses are open, and all the people are around. It's going to be a good year for downtown.
  • This Capitol Gains article: $15 Million Stadium District Deal Sweetened, says that Briarwood, 5/3 bank, and the Chamber of Commerce will be moved in by the end of April. It also says the Great Lakes Chocolate Co. is opening a store there, and Gillespie says the rest of the space will be filled up by two bars/resturaunts. All-in-all it sounds great, and I can't wait to see everything open, especially on Lugnuts home games.
  • I don't know what the Great Lakes Chocolate Co. is, but it sounds awesome!
  • Yeah, just read that, and I don't know the company, but it sounds exciting and classy.

BTW, anyone see the signature neon marquee they put up at the entrance that runs the height of the building? Looks nice!
  • There's a blurb article about it on LSJ.com, so I saw it there. I'll probably swing by and take a look tomorrow.
  • bilde?Site=A3&Date=20080409&Category=NEWS03&ArtNo=804090375&Ref=AR&Profile=1004&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0
    BECKY SHINK/Lansing State Journal

The marquee is 23 feet tall and 1,600 pounds.
  • I drove by the sign in the dark, it was lit up and looked great.
  • I'm really geeked now that the sign is up. I'm planning on going to the 'Nuts game on the 17th, and I can't wait to see it at night.
  • I walked past it last night and it looks AWESOME! This area is really going to take off and there was an article (linked below) that mentions the new club-Harem-is starting off really well so this only supports what alot of us are thinking for the area.

http://capitalgainsmedia.com/inthenews/danc0214.aspx