The Stadium District

Comments

• I got about the same pic as Jared of the progress: StadiumDistrict.jpg
  • Yeah, it was a great day to go take pictures. I took those pictures on the way to the Lugnuts game. I can't wait for the Stadium District to be finished, as this will help to create a strong entertainment district around Oldsmobile Park, along with the preexisting bars and clubs.
  • Steel began to go up, today.
  • Supposedly there is a wine bar considering moving into the Stadium District, its not for-sure yet, and I'm not sure exactly what that is. I do not beleive it's related to the liquor license as I do not beleive its that far along and furthermore would not involve dancing or entertainment.
  • They have 3 of the uprights going the full height of the building on the Larch side. It seems a little shorter than I imagined, but still of a respectable height.
  • edited May 2007
    Are you sure its the full height? It only appeared to go to the third floor, to me. BTW, this project is very similar, I just noticed, to the Studio One Apartments soon to rise in Midtown Detroit. They are almost the exactly same size, with very similar builds and such.
  • I counted notches for two more floor plates and the roof, as far as I can tell all 4 floors are accounted for. However I was counting while at a stoplight so I can't be sure I'm right. I'll be by there again today I'll recount to make sure.
  • Hood, I went by, today, and also counted four floors and notches, so I guess that is the full height.
  • edited May 2007
    BTW, the property's website has been updated: http://www.thestadiumdistrict.com/

And, so has the design, apparently:

site1030.jpg

site1031.jpg

I guess it doesn't look like Studio One about to rise in Detroit, after all.
  • Pretty cool, the center of it is much more understated now, for good or bad. The 2 bedroom layouts are pretty sweet looking.