Capitol Club Tower (Proposed high rise condos!!!)

Comments

• City set to negotiate on high-rise
    Developers expect 'hard work' after voters clear way for plan

Tom Lambert
    Lansing State Journal

With the primary in the rear- view mirror and with the approval they needed in hand, Lansing officials expect to begin negotiations with two developers who want to build a high-rise on the banks of the Grand River.

The city received voters' permission during Tuesday's primary to sell the South Grand Avenue parking ramp. City officials now can negotiate a sale with the high-rise developers or anyone else interested in the ramp.

Read the rest at LSJ.com
  • Man, I just wished they could somehow get rid of the garage, altogether, and somehow find a partner to build another garage on the surface lots across the street, but, I'm happy this is moving forward, nonetheless; the good definitely outweighs the bad, and I'm glad I voted for this.
  • Has there been any update on the progress of the sale of the parking ramp? Now that the Accident Fund move to the Ottawa Street power station has been announced, Grand Ave will be having a lot of construction.
  • Last I heard the developers were hoping to have the parking ramp deal sealed to begin contruction of the towers foundation before the end of this year. They would then begin pre-selling condos and begin above-ground construction after a certain portion of condos were sold.
  • My comic book manager friend Tom (of Clem's Collectibles), is friends with the guy. As far as I know it's still on track. But I have no idea how the time line has changed (or even if it has).
  • I made both the MSP Headquarters and the 20 floor version of the S Grand Condos in Google Earth, here are a couple angles:
    GrandAveW.jpg

GrandAveNE.jpg
  • The 20 floor version....if only!
  • I'm really beginning to doubt whether or not this project in particular, out of the many that are currently planned, will pan through. This one seems the least likely to get off the ground. They haven't even bought the parking garage yet, have they?
  • Last I heard they were negotiating with the city on that. After seeing the completion date in yesterday's LSJ say "Unkown," I won't be holding my breath on this. It's sort of sad because Lansing needs a project like this, a residential high-rise, to move development to the next level. I definately think the project is feasible, and if built it will be successful, I'm just not sure these two small developers can make it happen.
  • Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they may have bitten off more than they can chew. The largest projects either of them have completed are storefront redevelopments with second-story lofts. I really wish the Boji's would get into the high-rise residential business because they have the capital to make something like this happen, and at a much faster pace.