Capitol Club Tower (Proposed high rise condos!!!)

Comments

• Just fyi, the city council agenda packet for this week sheds a little more light on this project (the figures are for the 12 floor version). The cost will be $22.5 million, and it will be 110,000 sq ft (85,000 residential, 25,000 commercial.) Lmich if you could fix those items on Emporis and Jared if you could fix those figures in the project page. Also the city is requiring the developer to spend a minimum of $250,000 rehabing the facade of the ramp, on both the east and west sides, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the developer is also required to convert the ground floor of the ramp to commercial space.
  • I updated the project page.
  • Hood, can you provide a link to the council agenda packets? For some reason, I forgot where to find them on the city website.
  • There isn't link off the city's site, you sign up for them to send it to you in an email: Agenda Packets
  • The new website is up! Check out the views! LSJ announced the Council approved the sale of the ramp in Tuesday's [DEC 11] paper. LSJ Article Here: http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071211/NEWS01/712110314/1001/news

You can see the views and how this Renaissance Zone works. www.capitolclubtower.com
  • ooh, that's nice.

I'm still wishing for the 20 story version.
  • I think all of us here would like to see the 20 story version, but with the economy right now I think Lansing is lucky to be getting a 12 story condo tower along with all the other development going on or planned.
  • edited December 2007
    Fortunate sure, I wouldn't use the word lucky. There's a market in the city for higher end urban living as evidenced by the great success the other lofts and condos are seeing filling up.

I keep hearing about 'the economy' but frankly, outside of the housing market on existing homes (nationwide) where is the problem with the economy? New residential inside and outside of the city is increasing, GM is having great success with the Lansing built 2008 CTS, the UAW has a secure contract for the next few years.

The UAW Local 5000 (State workers) have agreed in principle on a new contract offering a 4% increase in wages over the next 3 years.

Personally, my 401k is up 51% so far in 2007.

Maybe I'm wrong but this boogeyman called 'this economy' seems to be some kind of default place to lay blame unnecesarrily.
  • On the economy, we do still have some issues with losing lower-end manufacturing jobs and even some good auto jobs (as evidenced by the on-again-off-again third shift out at GM's Delta plant that will eventually cost several thousand people jobs by early next year at the automaker and its suppliers). And with state government still facing budget issues into the foreseeable future, that all has an impact on consumer confidence and the local economy.
  • As for the economy, I know it's bad, but I think that Lansing will weather any reccession quite well. We have a diverse economy and a strong demand for downtown housing.

I really like a lot of the things I see with this project. It is going to have a really nice dining level, fitness center and pool. And they have already taken some 50 preliminary deposits on units. This project keeps suprising me, over and over. I can't wait to see more renderings, and most importantly how tall it ends up being, it sounds like the developers are really hoping that theres enough demand for a taller tower.