Capitol Club Tower (Proposed high rise condos!!!)

Comments

• I'm surprised at the affordability, because it's in a ren. zone the tax savings is ridiculous.

If I knew I could move my house easily, I'd really consider buying in.
  • And if I was in any kind of position to buy a place I would almost definately be trying to get in here. In fact, if there are no more high rise condos built in Lansing over the next five or so years I'll probably end up in this building.

Also, I forgot to mention that LSJ article talked about the possibility of a $1 million+ penthouse unit(s). That would be a HUGE boost of confidence in the downtown housing market.
  • A City Pulse story on the project: ‘The city is growing up before our eyes’

Sean Elliott says the building could be as tall as 24 floors, but will "most likely be 20." It also says construction is scheduled to begin in February, and he said that there are currently 70 non-binding reservations for units.
  • What an excellent article. The City Pulse really knows how to capture the heart and soul behind developments like these.

Thanks for the link.
  • edited December 2007
    I was just about to post that. After I got off the computer, yesterday, low-and-behold I saw the development in the paper.

It says that if he goes to 24 stories it could be the tallest building in Lansing. I hope that the market demand exceeds what he thinks it will, because that should be enough to try and push it that high. I thought I'd never see anything being built taller than the Michigan National Tower in my life time.

It's good to hear they are aiming for 20 floors, though. I'd really wish they'd be less timid and stop describing this project to the media as a "12-story tower."

Yeah, the Lansing City Pulse does a very good job of covering local development issues. They also had another story on the city market, and it appears that the Friends have twisted the arm of the developer and city enough to look into keeping the year-round format, which has always been a make-or-break point with me about this redevelopment.
  • A pan of the site where the tower will rise. It's hard to imagine exactly how it will look. It will be so close to the Grand Tower you'll be looking into the offices. lol

2139341662_f43b86f820_o.jpg
  • Don't bet on this getting built any time soon. The developer will not build it unless his units are substantially presold and Studio Intrigues designs for units are generally kinda dull. Harry Hepler filled MW in 12 months with a waiting list. If they want to do the same they better start thinking outside of the box with their designs and so far all they have designed is just another pedestrian design that will compete with every other pedestrian design.
  • I believe that there are already a lot of people that have put down deposits for the units.
  • Yeah, I spoke with the developer breifly a few weeks ago and he said things are going great, and it looks like they will be going at least 18 floors. As of about a month and a half ago they had over 70 units reserved. I'm pretty confident that we will see this project start this year, possibly anytime.
  • Wow, 18 floors would be amazing to get. I hope he can convert a lot of those reservations into actual sales.