The Stadium District

Comments

• Found a new rendering for the Stadium District:
    1359101_Rendering_09.07.06_copy.jpg

It has it's pluses and minuses, the only thing I don't like is the middle, and how it doesn't have windows. But other than that I like the look of the rest of the windows better, the balconies and I like the corners, which appear to be faceted now. Lmich, can you update this rendering on Emporis (also put Olds Park as under rennovation.)
  • Nice find. Where'd you get it from?
  • edited October 2006
    From CPIX, a real-estate listing service. They also show that only 3000 sq ft of office space is still available (out of about 12000) and 9500 sq ft of retail (out of 25000).

Also, Jared, I updated the rendeing on the project page so can you update the thumbnail where it is listed?
  • BTW, do you have any info on the Oldsmobile Park renovation? I mean, I know it's going on as I see it ever day, but all I've been able to find is that Irish Construction is doing the renovation? How much did the city pay for this (I forgot), and when is the renovation to be completed? What all is to be completed? I remember vaguely this being a big deal last year but forgot all of the details and there is NOTHING on the net about it from what I've been able to find (or not find in this case).
  • I did a quick search through the council agendas and came up with nothing, which is suprising because I thought I remember them going through this quite a bit. But the best info I can find is in this story from a week ago: Lugnuts Stadium Getting Makeover
  • The fence around the site was FINALLY put up, today.
  • I just seen it, I also noticed a construction trailer at the rear of the parking lot. Once again I assume that it is for Stadium District because it isn't near any of the CSO stuff. Now hopefully we can see some sort of construction start in the next two weeks even if it's just site prep.

Have you heard what kind of structure this will be? Given the price tag and the second floor office I almost wonder if it will be steel, instead of wood.
  • The trailers been then for weeks, now. It looks like the CSO is finally wrapping up, too (thank God).

I also wonder what we'll eventually see at the southeast corner of Michigan and Larch? The CSO work put the gas station out of business (which was a bad place for one, anyway), and I'm excited to see who grabs this up, and what it will become.
  • For all we know the gas station could be reopened, its hard to say for now. If it is redeveloped I'd be happy with something three to four floors, somthing that doesn't stick out, but simply blends in. It would offer some great infill. I really hope to see more done with the south side of michigan in the 600 block, like adding second floors like what is proposed for that one building near the RR tracks.
  • Yeah, that would be nice. Having a good thick entrance towards Washington coming from East Lansing would be pretty nice.