General Lansing Development

Comments

• Wow, that sounds pretty cool...I hadn't heard any rumors or talk about this before.

Anyone know what the plans are for the gas station on Larch next to the Stadium District? The store portion is completely gutted and the exterior is down to plywood. Nothing torn apart on the gas pumps.
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah, the Troppo story completely surprised me. I had no idea that Elliot had bought One Michigan Avenue. It's going to be interesting to see exactly how Elliot works it into the corner, there.

Here's a photo of the corner:

One-Michigan-Avenue2.jpg

BTW, looks like the old Michigan Electric Supply Company building in REO Town has been completely sprayed down to the original brick. The ugly vomit-green paint is off.
  • Since the LSJ didn't publish the rendering online (it was in the print edition), here's a look at the proposed new Troppo.
    2883360980_fc06829f77.jpg?v=0
  • Wow, pretty neat looking, although it looks out of place. Thanks a lot for the post.
  • Cool! Yes, I too was wondering if they'd try to blend it with the painfully bland One Michigan Avenue, or if they'd go with something different. I'm glad they are going with something different.

They've already got the entire plaza around the building blocked off. It looks like they are going to add more trees as they were cutting only parts of the plaza out, this evening.
  • edited September 2008
    LMich wrote:
    ...painfully bland One Michigan Avenue...

I suppose I have an affinity for buildings such as these, but what looks bland now may end up being an appreciated architectual style of the late 20th century some 50 years from now... Could just be me though. lol
  • It looks pretty cool! I like it. Thanks for the photo jwswrites.
  • I wouldn't say One Michigan Ave is horrible. It's nothing great, but at least there is a little flare to it's design. It's just a plain mediocre office building.
  • I certainly didn't call it ugly.
  • edited September 2008
    So, in my continued research on Lansing's tallest, I write the Boji's, again, simply asking them if they can take literally a minute to take out their elevation drawings and let me know definitively how tall the building is considering it's worth note to know exactly how tall your city's tallest is. I'd sent this request, a few times a year for some years, now, hoping that I wouldn't keep getting the runaround since they've themselves have given me a few different numbers, over the year, and considering that I've since at least three different numbers for the tower, in print.

So, I get an email back, today, telling me that the building measures 364 feet to the top of the new antenna, and, oh, yeah, don't ever write us again. Yes, really. Needless to say I'm not a fan, anymore. They could have simply told me in my prior request that they don't give out this kind of information, and that would have been the end of that. That he felt the need to write such a response tells me about his business and his character. Don't expect to hear me shilling for them, again, if they ever have another project.

*End of Rant*

I guess the roof number the FCC antenna registration gives is actually more correct, then. The tower isn't even 300 feet tall, let alone the 342 and 345 its' often listed at. That is, if I believe the 364 number given to me, today, which I'm beginning to doubt given that I'd actually given him that number.